b-hebrew - Re: Sacrifice.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: :b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu (Biblical Hebrew)
  • Cc: Awohili AT aol.com
  • Subject: Re: Sacrifice.
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:35:00 EST

And it should be noted that such practices were condemned as offensive to YHWH and not part of his cultus.  For example, one of the verses you quoted, Jeremiah 7:31, states, "They have built the high places of the Topheth that are in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire -- which I had not commanded and had not entered My mind." (Tanach, Stone Edition)

Solomon Landers