b-hebrew - Re: PS And God saw that it was good

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PS And God saw that it was good
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:34:18 -0500

I still think they are related.

I'm sure the level of Torah called Kabbala, tells us exactly how.

Shoshanna

Not necessarily. It's probably more an accident of history that TB( and TWB have two letters the
same. Not a single root (as far as I have encountered) has ever accrued an extra `ayin. I'm sure
the case is that TWB was originally a 2-letter root (TB), but TB( was always a 3-letter root.

There are numerous instances of words with some identical root letters, but very different
meanings:

$MR and $M(
$LX and SLK
(MR and )MR

...to name but a small few.

Best regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
(Sydney, Australia)

---
You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [rosewalk AT concentric.net]