b-hebrew - Re: Ending on a vowel?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • To: Sרren Holst <sh AT teol.ku.dk>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ending on a vowel?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:27:41 +0200

Somehow I am bothered by the use of the paradigm verb qatal (kill) in this
day and age. Wouldn't katab (write) or $pt (judge, rule, save) be more
suitable for scholars specializing in Hebrew Bible?
What was good for Gesenius is not necessarily good for us.
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren
Dept. of Biblical Studies
Beit Berl College