b-hebrew - Ending on a vowel?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ian goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: b- hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Ending on a vowel?
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:37:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi.
This may be a very simple question, but I've had a
hard day and couldn't quite get my brain to engage.

When a word ends in Hebrew, can it end on a vowel, in
pronunciation, appart from one indicated by an aleph,
ayin or vav? i.e one only indicated in the massoretic
vowel points.

Any reply would be appreciated.

p.s. Happy Hannucha to you all.
Could we slow down the rather large amount of hannucha
mail though? It's stuffing up my mail box a bit.

Many thanks and a Very Merry Christmas to one and all.