b-hebrew - Re: Qoheleth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bogdan Gheorghita" <bgheorghita AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Daniel Wagner" <dan.wagner AT netzero.net>
  • Subject: Re: Qoheleth
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 15:02:04 +0300

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my query. Don't worry, yours hasn't been the only reply, but the others (both of which pointed me to good resources on the issue and gave some significant advice - btw thanks to you too) were off-list. Your comment on the relationship between and the validity of both MT and LXX was especially helpful.

I can only say that I am midway through the job - have only translated chapters 1-6 so far. It's deeply rewarding - the simplicity of the text and the author's straightforwardness are compelling. And I'm definitely in love with its philosophy which I think can be taken as the basis for all theology. Maybe it hasn't been for nothing that i've been getting a little bit deeper into apophatic theology lately.

Thanks again to everyone,
Bogdan