b-hebrew - Re: Qoheleth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "Daniel Wagner" <dan.wagner AT netzero.net>
  • Subject: Re: Qoheleth
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 07:09:36 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Wagner" <dan.wagner AT netzero.net>
Cc: "Bogdan Gheorghita" <bgheorghita AT yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 7:53 PM
Dan wrote:

> i always believe what the text intends that we believe.

I am surprised and intrigued by this policy of yours. Do you limit its
application to authorship, or does it extend to other claims made in texts?
Does it apply only to certain texts, or to all?

If this is off-topic, we can continue the discussion off-list.

Ken Penner
Ph.D. student, Biblical Field (Early Judaism)
McMaster University
Hamilton, Canada