b-hebrew - Prophetic Perfects in the Psalms

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Prophetic Perfects in the Psalms
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:57:56 -0500

How common are the so-called "prophetic perfects" in the Psalms?

Waltke&O'Connor and GKC don't give examples from Psalms, and I don't have
Diethelm Michel's study on tenses in the Psalms with me today.

E. Puech wants to take the perfect verbs of salvation in the Hodayot as
prophetic perfects. I'm trying to determine how unusual this would be.

Ken Penner
Ph.D. student, Biblical Field (Early Judaism)
McMaster University
Hamilton, Canada