b-hebrew - RE: Goliath

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dan Wagner <Dan.Wagner AT datastream.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Goliath
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:03:29 -0500

This is probably the essence of why Ian's argument does not stand. Samuel is
well-known for pre-LXX (and post) problems with its transmission and
experienced significant lacuna, etc (the worst book of MT). I'm astounded
that discussion would continue, but perhaps some have not carefully examined
the problems in Samuel's text.

I don't have time to go through all the details of Ian's post now. Maybe
later (but i doubt it!).

Dan Wagner