b-hebrew - RE: Rambi

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Leeroy Malachinski" <Leeroy AT cool.dk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Rambi
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:36:06 -0500

Dear Liz,

I typed in Cyrus and got 16 entries. I have copied them below. I cannot
explain why you got a different result.Did you also get the same result on
the telnet?
Best,
Leeroy

Sys.no.
0040236

Author
Kida, Kenichi

Title
The prophet, the servant and Cyrus in the prophecies of
Second Isaiah

In
Annual of the Japanese Biblical Institute 16 (1990) 3-29

Source
Annual of the Japanese Biblical Institute. Tokyo

2
Sys.no.
0019844

Author
Aus, Roger David

Title
The Magi at the birth of Cyrus, and the Magi at Jesus' birth
in Matthew 2:1-12

In
Religion, Literature, and Society in Ancient Israel II
(1987) 99-114

Source
Religion, Literature, and Society in Ancient Israel,
Formative Christianity and Judaism.
[Vol. II]: Ancient Israel and Christianity. Ed. by Jacob
Neusner [et al.]. Lanham, MD:
University Press of America, 1987

Source
Barabbas and Esther and Other Studies in the Judaic
Illumination of Earliest Christianity,
[by] Roger David Aus. Atlanta: Scholars Press, 1992

3
Sys.no.
0169984

Author
Briend, Jacques

Title
L'edit de Cyrus et sa valeur historique

In
Transeuphratene 11 (1996) 33-44

Source
Transeuphratene; recherches pluridisciplinaires sur une
province de l'Empire achemenide.
Paris

4
Sys.no.
0153793

Author
Eder, Asher

Title
King Cyrus, anointed (Messiah) of the Lord

In
Jewish Bible Quarterly 23,3 (1995) 188-192

Source
Jewish Bible Quarterly. Jerusalem

5
Sys.no.
0173048

Author
Derby, Josiah

Title
Isaiah and Cyrus

In
Jewish Bible Quarterly 24,3 (1996) 173-177

Source
Jewish Bible Quarterly. Jerusalem

6
Sys.no.
0153514

Author
Davies, Philip R.

Title
God of Cyrus, God of Israel; some religio-historical
reflections on Isaiah 40-55

In
Words Remembered (1995) 207-225

Source
Words Remembered, Texts Renewed; Essays in Honour of John
F.A. Sawyer. Ed. by Jon
Davies, Graham Harvey and Wilfred G.E. Watson. Sheffield:
Sheffield Academic Press,
1995

7
Sys.no.
0266541

Author
Davies, Philip R.

Title
God of Cyrus, God of Israel; some religio-historical
reflections on Isaiah 40-55

In
Jewish Studies in a New Europe (1998) 175-183

Source
Jewish Studies in a New Europe; Proceedings of the Fifth
Congress of Jewish Studies in
Copenhagen 1994. Ed. by Ulf Haxen, Hanne Trautner-Kromann,
Karen Lisa Goldschmidt
Salamon. Copenhagen: C.A. Reitzel; Det Kongelige Bibliotek,
19

8
Sys.no.
0220493

Author
Becking, Bob

Title
Ezra's re-enactment of the exile

In
Leading Captivity Captive (1998) 40-61

Source
Leading Captivity Captive; `the Exile' as History and
Ideology. Ed. by Lester L. Grabbe.
Sheffield: Sheffield Academic Press, 1998

9
Sys.no.
2009078

Author
Koch, K.

Title
Die Stellung des Kyros [Jes 4428 451] im Geschichtsbild
Deuterojesajas und ihre
uberlieferungsgeschichtliche Verankerung

In
ZAW 84 (1972) 352-356

Source
Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft. Berlin

10
Sys.no.
0056400

Author
Shea, William Henry

Title
Darius the Mede in his Persian-Babylonian setting

In
Andrews University Seminary Studies 29,3 (1991) 235-257

Source
Andrews University Seminary Studies. Berrien Springs, MI

11
Sys.no.
0096402

Author
Lawrence, John M.

Title
Cyrus; messiah, politician, and general

In
Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin 25 (1985) 5-28

Source
Near East Archaeological Society Bulletin. Joplin, MO

12
Sys.no.
2016298

Author
Ben-Gurion, D.

Title
Cyrus, King of Persia

In
AcIr 1 (1974) 127-134

Source
Acta Iranica. Leiden

13
Sys.no.
0078451

Author
Colless, Brian E.

Title
Cyrus the Persian as Darius the Mede in the Book of Daniel

In
JSOT 56 (1992) 113-126

Source
Journal for the Study of the Old Testament. Sheffield

14
Sys.no.
0035974

Author
Shavit, Yaacov

Title
Cyrus King of Persia and the return to Zion; a case of
neglected memory

In
History & Memory 2,1 (1990) 51-83

Source
History and Memory; Studies in Representation of the Past.
Tel-Aviv

15
Sys.no.
2009553

Author
Jones, G.H.

Title
Abraham and Cyrus; type and anti-type?

In
VT 22 (1972) 304-319

Source
Vetus Testamentum. Leiden

16
Sys.no.
0183377

Author
Goldingay, John

Title
"You are Abraham's offspring, my friend"; Abraham in Isaiah
41

In
He Swore an Oath (1994) 29-54

Source
He Swore an Oath; Biblical Themes from Genesis 12-50. Ed. by
Richard S. Hess [et al.].
2nd ed. Carlisle: Paternoster Press; Grand Rapids, MI: Baker
Book House, 1994

  • Rambi, Leeroy Malachinski, 02/04/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Rambi, Liz Fried, 02/05/2001
    • RE: Rambi, Leeroy Malachinski, 02/05/2001
    • RE: Rambi, Jan-Wim Wesselius, 02/06/2001