b-hebrew - RE: The Messianic Idea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: The Messianic Idea
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:19:43 -0500

Jonathan, take a look at these verses and the ones before them.
In vs. 20-22, God says I am over them, and I myself will judge ....
I will save my sheep ... I will judge between sheep and sheep.

Then you have an interpolation by a later writer.

Then you have a return to talking about sheep and wild animals ravaging
them again.

The whole book of Ezekiel is a castigation of the kings and the prophets who
followed them blindly. Although I don't agree with Hanson on very much, I do
agree with his discussion of Ezekiel in The Dawn of Apocalyptic.

Liz