b-hebrew - Re: Proof Texts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles David Isbell" <cisbell AT home.com>
  • To: "John Ronning" <ronning AT xsinet.co.za>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Proof Texts
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:47:39 -0600

John,

I have received your post describing my views as "vague generalities,"
claiming as well that you have "refuted Liz' position on Cyrus = the Servant
entirely from the book of Isaiah." I am confident that our respective
methods and presuppositions are clear to all interested list members who
have read us both.

I would wish you a "Merry Cyrus-mas," but I am not certain you would
realize I was joking.

Kol Tuv,
Charles David Isbell