b-hebrew - Re: exegesis per ELOHIM as a female noun:

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <cctr114 AT it.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: exegesis per ELOHIM as a female noun:
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:16:11 +1300 (NZDT)

Harold wrote:-

>Question by way of Ron Sebring "Assuming ELOHIM is a female noun
>with a male plural ending, how should we translate the pronouns
>that refer to it into a gender neutral language like English,
>and still be true to the text?" Any exegesis? Harold Helm

To me this raises the immediate question -- what evidence do you
have that elohim is a feminine plural noun and not either masculine
plural or common plural?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'

  • Re: exegesis per ELOHIM as a female noun:, Bill Rea, 11/20/2000