b-hebrew - Re: Paper offering

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christine Bass" <christinebass AT home.com>
  • To: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Paper offering
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:18:39 -0500

It appears to me that certain posts, including this one below, seem to have
intentions that do not abide by the guidelines for this list,

(> Proselytizing ("seeking to convert someone to a certain religious faith")
is
> also not appropriate. )

seeking to convert subscribers to humanism, atheism, agnosticism and the
like.

Yes, their approach is very smooth, very subtle, but it is clearly there.
Planting the seeds of suspicion, of doubt, much as the serpent in the
Garden of Eden......pssssst, did God really say?????? You may be
believing a Lie.....Listen to what I have discovered, all very intellectual
and scholarly of course. Talk to me off -list about it.....I'll be happy
to send you The Truth (read that my propoganda). Trust me....

These are intelligent men and they know exactly what they
are doing, which is proselytizing.

As long as no one calls them on it---they will continue using this
list for inappropriate purposes.