b-hebrew - Re: Corrected OTA BHS text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Cees van Veelen <ceesv AT veelen.hobby.nl>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Corrected OTA BHS text
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:19:41 +0100

Now I have the OTA text from www.stackpole.freeserve.co.uk/hebrew/bhs.zip I
did the conversion to a accented text. It is amazing, it's all there.
I have some questions that I hope can be answered:
1. At certain places I find the characters '3 [' in the text. For example
Psalm 11:2 between the second and third word of verse 2. Where does '3 ['
stand for?
2 While at Psalm 11:2: In my printed BH (edition 1975, last edition of Kittel
prior to BHS) I see a mahpak below the first and the second word, KI and
HINNE. In the OTA text I see a mahpak below KI but a galgal below HINNE. I
just wonder: is this one of the things that is different between my Kittel
and BHS?

Greetings,
Cees van Veelen, Amsterdam, The Netherlands