b-hebrew - The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tsadowq AT aol.com
  • To: nor AT iol.ie, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: The 24 hour "evening and mornings" ???
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:42:06 EDT

Hello,

In a message dated 08/25/2000 12:24:21 AM
Mountain Daylight Time, nor AT iol.ie writes:
<< 1, The interpreting one day of gods being a thousand
years cannot stand due to chapter one of Genesis, 'and
there was evening and there was morning the first day...
etc etc' The first chapter clearly describes a day,
created by god, as being just that-one day.>>

Noel, please be so kind as to chapter and verse
for us where these supposed 24 hour days are
mentioned?

At first glance, we might see the verses in
Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23, 31, as being
24 hour periods of time.

But this is an old mistake...to assume from the text
and interpret the "evening and mornings" as to be
based upon the 24 hour cycle of evening/Moon,
morning/Sun.

These heavenly entities (Sun and Moon) were not spoke
into existence until the FOURTH day of Genesis 1:16; 19.

It seems to me rather foolish to insist that these
days were 24 hour periods -- especially when our
only way of understanding the supposed 24 hour
periods of "days" -- is based upon the Sun and the
Moon which were not dividing day from night until
the FOURTH DAY.

The 24 hour period theory is based upon
objects that did not exist until several
"evening and morning" cycles had taken
place from GOD's perspective.

Psalm 90:4 and II Peter 3:8 state that to
GOD, "a day" lasts a THOUSAND years.

Genesis 5:5 states that Adam died at the age of 930.

Adam died within one DAY to God.

Best Regards,
Glen