b-hebrew - RE: Re[2]: Stop with the Rohl material. (Dave)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Re[2]: Stop with the Rohl material. (Dave)
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 07:07:56 -0700

> At 15.47 12/02/00 -0700, Dave Washburn wrote:
> >Ian,
> >> Do you mean to say that *any* of my criticism of Rohl is off the mark??
> >
> >Actually, most of it is. I also mean to say that you have no
> >business trying to criticise him since you haven't even read it.
>
> Still emptyhanded, Dave.

Speak for yourself. At least I've read the book.

> You can make as many bald claims as you like. You still haven't made one
> serious comment on one criticism I have made. The best you've done is to
> say you can't be bothered to check the mainstream literature.

Once again you make this unsubstantiated charge, and I've told
you before that I've read it. The fact that I tend to agree with Rohl
that there are problems with it does not mean I haven't read it.
Would you please get that through your head? I've read the stuff
you keep touting, Ian. I would suggest you need to afford me the
same courtesy before you try to discuss this topic again. At this
point, you're not qualified, as shown by your own words.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
Psalm 86:11