b-hebrew - Re: Stop with the Rohl material.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Stop with the Rohl material.
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:01:21 -0700

> It would be good if people would stop making assumptions about
> things they simply cannot know. I have not read Rohl. I have read
> some of the mainstream literature which of course is a
> prerequisite for matters such as those Rohl is misrepresenting.
> The problem is that it is clear misrepresentation and the fact
> that no-one who follows the theories is reading mainstream
> materials indicates that there is no scholarly intent.

If this doesn't effectively illustrate the whole problem with Ian's
railing about Rohl, I don't know what will. "I haven't read it, but I
know it's wrong. I've read the other guys, so they must be right."
Why should the rest of us continue to be subjected to this kind of
drivel?

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
Psalm 86:11