b-hebrew - RE: conquest etc.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • To: 'John Ronning' <ronning AT nis.za>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: conquest etc.
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:10:51 +0100

Either you did not understand or choose not to understand my point: If
something does not accord with biblical narrative: move it away, go to some
other place, because the Bible must be right historicallywise because we say
so and have decided in advance that it may be so. Furthermore, this
discussion tried to place a date of the exodus at the end of the MB period,
and now you are talking about tghe LB period. And who says that Ai according
to Josh is small? The story tells us that it was a difficult place to
conquer for the multitudes of Israel. Reda the text as it stands in the HB
and not a rationalistic paraphrase of it.

NPL