b-hebrew - Re[2]: conquest etc.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: conquest etc.
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:41:58 -0500

Dear Niels,

I'm not sure what direct question you wanted me to answer. The only
question in your posting was:

Is Kitchen a radical scholar because he will not accept
chronologies that moves around with his beloved Egyptians (no
irony here) in such a wilfull way?

I took this as a rhetorical question, but if you insist on an answer,
the answer is, No. I respect Kitchen, but any scholar needs to be
prepared to see his theories challenged and to answer them on the
basis of evidence rather than emotion. I have not seen reasoned
answers by Kitchen to Rohl's theories, but maybe I have not looked in
the right place. I have not seen reasoned answers by you to my
hypotheses, but I am still hoping to receive them.

See some further comments below.

Peter Kirk