b-hebrew - Re[2]: JEPD Evidence

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: JEPD Evidence
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:08:20 -0500

Point taken, you did bring up a topic, in a rather general way, and
no-one responded. Well, I'm afraid this isn't the place to come for
on-line courses in basic Hebrew grammar (do you really not know what a
wayyiqtol is?) or in linguistics. Perhaps someone can point you to
suitable URLs. Now my suggestion would be that you need to learn more
than first year Hebrew and some linguistics before getting into
serious translating or exegesis from the original. Meanwhile you can
find some useful help in (for example) "Old Testament Exegesis" by
Douglas Stuart, 2nd edition, Westminster 1984.

Peter Kirk