b-hebrew - Jeremiah 15:19

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Bielby" <dbielby AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Jeremiah 15:19
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 0:7:5

I've been looking at Jeremiah 15:19 and I would like to know if what the
phrase means here, that is translated into Greek
EAN EPISTREYIS KAI APOKATASTHSW
and into English : And if you return, then I will bring you back. (NKJ)

Specifically I'm wondering about the distinctions between the forms of SHUB
and NAHAM
and how that is correctly translated into Greek. And how does the syntax
impact the two forms of SHUB in Jeremiah 15:19?

Thanks for helping me out on this.....

an infant b-hebrewer.......BTW-can someone email me the rules for this
list? Is it managed in a similar fashion to B-Greek? Or is it slightly
different?

Thanks.

David Bielby
the Vineyard