b-hebrew - Spiritual death or Physical death?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee Deavers" <devious AT carol.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Spiritual death or Physical death?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:14:27 -0400

Could some of you Hebrew scholars help me out with the word "meweth" as it
is used in Isa 53:9a?
Is this to be translated "deaths"?

In Gen 2:17 the word "muth", does it refer to physical death or spiritual
death? Does the language help clarify this or do we have to derive the
meaning by hermeneutics?

Sincerely
Lee Deavers (devious AT carol.net)
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Deavers;Lee
FN:Lee Deavers
ORG:GE
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Interest: Bible Doctrine (RB Thime), Woodworking, Hunting (Bow), Fishing, Sn=
ow Skiing.=0D=0A=0D=0AFaviorite Bible Sites:=0D=0Ahttp://berachah.org/=0D=
=0Ahttp://ddi.digital.net/%7Elwood/=0D=0Ahttp://www.lesfeldick.org/=0D=0Ahtt=
p://www.gbible.org/=0D=0Ahttp://www.gdcmedia.org/=0D=0Ahttp://members.aol.co=
m/abidingitw=0D=0Ahttp://www.ttb.org/=0D=0A
ADR;WORK:;;;;SC
LABEL;WORK:SC
ADR;HOME:;;;;SC
LABEL;HOME:SC
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:devious AT carol.net
REV:19991013T151427Z
END:VCARD