b-hebrew - OT's Hasmonean Origins

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Walter Mattfeld <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: OT's Hasmonean Origins
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:37:18 +0200

As the readers of this list are well aware the past 25 years has seen
new paradigms or models being proposed by the likes of scholars like
Philip R. Davies, Niels Peter Lemche, Fred Cryer, Thomas L. Thompson and
Bernd Joerg Diebner, urging that the Wellhausen model be replaced as an
explanation for the origins of the OT. They have proposed that the OT is
in fact a Post-exilic creation. They vary in their dating proposals,
ranging anywhere from the 5th-1st centuries BCE.

My research supports the findings of these scholars. I now offer to the
interested readers of this list my latest paper titled

Fulfilled Prophecy and the Old Testament, Clues to the Bible's Hasmonean
Origins.

In this paper I argue that the OT was created between the 2nd-1st
centuries BCE, using 'prophecy-after-the-fact' to align the OT's
prophetical texts with the achievements of the Hasmonean Era.

Please do not send your requests for an e-mail attachment copy to this
list.

Do send your requests to my e-mail address:

<mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>

Respectfully submitted,

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld, M.A. Ed.,
Walldorf by Heidelberg,
Baden-Wurttemburg
Germany

  • OT's Hasmonean Origins, Walter Mattfeld, 04/18/1999