b-hebrew - JEDP not supported?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter_Kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: JEDP not supported?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 20:00:44 -0500 (EST)

I recently ducked a question about why I reject Wellhausen type source
criticism. Maybe because I am not alone...

From a private report about a recent OT conference in Oslo:

"The new atmosphere was noticed by some participants; JEDP theory was
not mentioned almost at all in this conference. Most scholars in OT
conference do not support this theory these days."

Would anyone like to comment? What was this conference, anyway?

Peter Kirk