b-hebrew - Re: Assaulting an Impasse

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • To: "Lloyd Barre" <barre AT c-zone.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Assaulting an Impasse
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 12:37:08 -0500

Dr. Barre,

Sir, I write to you here not as a colleague in discussion but as a
moderator of the b-hebrew e-mail forum. You seem to have the wrong idea
for the purposes of this list. Please do not use this forum to create
controversy and crisis as several of your posts seem intent on doing. For
instance, there are many learned people of faith on this list who will find
your first two sentences shown below condescending and offensive. Also,
you dismiss one, probably several(you are unclear), entire disciplines of
scholarly effort as "the American based emperical,
linguistic-archaeological school of biblical interpretation (eg. Albright)"
which "beclouds" your position. As one of the lists moderators I judge
your posts to be of a provocative rather than scholarly and helpful.
Please refrain from this type of post in the future.

If you have questions as to the mission of b-hebrew or the execution of
that mission, you may want to simply observe for a while. Another option
is to send a post to me first for approval before sending it to the list.

Bryan Rocine
B-Hebrew Chairman