b-hebrew - Re: Assaulting an Impasse

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • To: "Lloyd Barre" <barre AT c-zone.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Assaulting an Impasse
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:39:51 -0500

Dr. Barre,

There are learned people of faith on this mailing list, both Jewish and
Christian. They are to be respectful of the faiths of each other and
yours. A thread of this nature will be innappropriate on this list as it
will be impossible to carry on such a discussion without creating offense.
I have no doubt you realize the sensitive nature of such a topic, and for
this reason I am disappointed that you would use this forum to provoke list
members of faith with such condescending words as your first two sentences
shown below.

Are you intent on creating controversy and crisis? If so please take your
effort to another list. As for now, I am asking Jonathan Robie to put you
on probation.

Bryan Rocine
B-Hebrew Chairman