b-hebrew - Re: Yahweh and Jesus

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: GregStffrd AT aol.com
  • To: cms AT dragon.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, B-GREEK AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Yahweh and Jesus
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 21:58:46 EST

What began (on B-Hebrew) as a discussion of the meaning of Exodus 3:14, and
evolved into a discussion of the predicateless EGW EIMI/'ani hu sayings in the
OT and in the NT, has, due to the theological stances of some individuals,
mutated into a theological discussion wherein certain participants do not
engage in any discussion of the Greek or Hebrew languages, but merely list
passages, in English, where they assume their view is justified.

This is my last contribution to a message of this kind. If a theological
discussion is allowed on this board to the extent that it engages with and
further illuminates Hebrew or Greek grammar, fine. If not, then those who
continue to post such messages should seriously consider their motivation, and
respect the board for what it is, and what it is not.

In a message dated 1/4/99 12:50:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, cms AT dragon.com