b-hebrew - RE: bibliography

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tom Bowen <tgbowen AT westernseminary.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: bibliography
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:57:13 -0800

Concerning the request for a bibliography regarding Old Testament
Introductions, I have found Dr. John Sailhamer's Introduction to Old
Testament Theology very useful. Published by Zondervan Publishing House,
this book offers an excellent survey of the many issues facing O.T. theology
today. As a beginning student in O.T. theology, I have found Dr.
Sailhamer's explanations and illustrations very helpful. In addition to his
introduction regarding the issues facing O.T. theology, Dr. Sailhamer offers
a unique perspective in what he calls "A Canonical Approach."

Thomas Bowen
M.A. Student
Western Seminary