acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] 33 GB of Scientific Papers - and a Manifesto - Uploaded to Pirate Bay

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: Mike Linksvayer <ml AT gondwanaland.com>
  • Cc: "AcaWiki general, \(listserv\)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] 33 GB of Scientific Papers - and a Manifesto - Uploaded to Pirate Bay
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:34:15 -0700

Reminds me, that one approach we could do is simliar to what we were
doing with openlibrary in bringing in as many bibtex and other
bibliographic records for academic literature to provide
stubs/starters.

Another approach is we can ally with some machine summary researchers
to read through papers that are available and provide some machine
summaries as starters for human reviewers. Its not a bad idea and
provides us with some hooks into development communities.

ASIDE: Thinking of how to get more people to contribute to the project...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
http://fabricatorz.com/