acawiki-general - [acawiki-general] full papers on acawiki?

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jon Phillips <jon AT fabricatorz.com>
  • To: "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [acawiki-general] full papers on acawiki?
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:49:48 +0800

Would people in our community be opposed to acawiki being a place of
hosting full academic papers?

Why not just host archives of papers? Could longer term add
peer-review and other ways to detect quality of papers?

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/33_gb_of_scientific_papers_-_and_a_manifesto_-_upl.php

I think its important to stay on target with the current mission, but
if we provide an outlet for new and really old papers, there will be
even more incentive for people to both use the site for posting and
for helping clean up submissions.

Thoughts? If we are doing academic summaries what are the main places
for full academic papers that support open access? And then I will
ask, why don't we have partnerships and/or affiliations with those
organizations to get their papers into our archives, and we can
support them in other ways, as in having summaries of their
competitors articles?

Thoughts on these things? I'm trying to get reality assessment in on
this this month...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips