acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] Action plan for AcaWiki hosting change

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Reid Priedhorsky <reid AT reidster.net>
  • To: Research into Wikimedia content and communities <wiki-research-l AT lists.wikimedia.org>, acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Danese Cooper <dcooper AT wikimedia.org>, payers AT wikimedia.org
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] Action plan for AcaWiki hosting change
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:00:59 -0400

On 4/26/11 4:45 PM, Jon Phillips wrote:

First, the current AcaWiki skin is not so good. For the reasons I've
mentioned earlier, I believe this negatively impacts our ability to grow the
community.

Great, Fabricatorz is making a new theme. We will try to be as
transparent as possible about this...ideas and thoughts on this super
valuable!

My take, based on prior discussion, is that the consensus is that we just want to use the Vector theme and don't want to mess with designing a custom theme and keeping it up to date.

The reason I feel urgency is this: I'm itching to start work on the
annotated bibliography of wiki research we've been discussing on
wiki-research-l (which would quadruple the number of summaries in AcaWiki),
and I'm uncomfortable doing so with these two problems unsolved (or, at
least, without a concrete plan for solving them and a credible, short
timeline).

I understand. I'm on this. Don't you worry :)

Best thing next imo is to file a bug about this and spec out your plan
and what it will take. Sounds like some development needed. Ideal if
you can do everything with the current setup and not need ssh access.

See prior e-mails for my proposal. I'm happy to do the needed dev work, and no it wouldn't need ssh access.

Reid

--
I work for IBM, and sending this e-mail might be part of my job.
However, I speak for myself only, not the company.