acawiki-general - Re: [acawiki-general] [Wiki-research-l] Action plan for AcaWiki hosting change

acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Jodi Schneider <jschneider AT pobox.com>
  • To: Research into Wikimedia content and communities <wiki-research-l AT lists.wikimedia.org>, "AcaWiki general (listserv)" <acawiki-general AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [acawiki-general] [Wiki-research-l] Action plan for AcaWiki hosting change
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:05:07 -0000

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Reid Priedhorsky <reid AT reidster.net> wrote:
> On 4/26/11 4:45 PM, Jon Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> First, the current AcaWiki skin is not so good. For the reasons I've
>>> mentioned earlier, I believe this negatively impacts our ability to grow
>>> the
>>> community.
>>
>> Great, Fabricatorz is making a new theme. We will try to be as
>> transparent as possible about this...ideas and thoughts on this super
>> valuable!
>
> My take, based on prior discussion, is that the consensus is that we
> just want to use the Vector theme and don't want to mess with designing
> a custom theme and keeping it up to date.

I concur. We may want a custom *logo* but Vector is well-supported by
usability testing and familiar from use in WMF wikis. Diverging themes
have not served us well in the past.

Thoughts?
-Jodi

PS-Let's take the theme/hosting conversation to AcaWiki-general -- it
seems overly specific for wiki-research-l!