xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] core package 400 kb!?!

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Steve Loughran" <steve.loughran AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] core package 400 kb!?!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:50:09 +0100

On 29/03/07, Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
Luca Passani wrote:

> wrt bugs, will those raise their ugly head only under extreme
> conditions, or I should be fine as far as an XML file as simple as WURFL
> is concerned?

I really don't know I'm afraid. With 1.4 you're using the Crimson parser
and a very old Xalan. If you're not using XSLT you don't have to worry
about Xalan.

Java 1.5's xslt engine is very memory hungry...it leads to a lot of
'ant runs out of memory in junitreport' support calls. If you are
using xsl and want to stick with what is built in, run the JVM with
extra memory.

I believe Xom is built with full debug info. If you really want to
save distributable size, you could strip it out (or rebuild it without
debug data)

-steve