xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] core package 400 kb!?!

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Luca Passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] core package 400 kb!?!
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:20:59 +0200

Elliotte Harold wrote:

If you're using Java 5 or later, yes, modulo some minor bugs. If you're using Java 1.4, you can still remove them, but you'll have more bugs and worse performance. You'll need to test them your app to see if any of those affect you.

If you're using Java 1.3 or earlier those archives are required.

1.3 I don't support, but I do support 1.4, because it's incredible how much behind commercial app-servers lag in terms of JRE version supported (this is true of 1.3 even!).

wrt bugs, will those raise their ugly head only under extreme conditions, or I should be fine as far as an XML file as simple as WURFL is concerned?

Thank you, Elliotte

Luca