xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] [Spam:8.0] Re: core package 400 kb!?!

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder AT yahoo.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] [Spam:8.0] Re: core package 400 kb!?!
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Adam Constabaris <adamc AT unc.edu> wrote:

> A nice side effect of this: JDK 1.5 "broke" DocBook
> XSL:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/docbook-apps/2005-q1/msg00114.html

Ouch. And I thought this (or at least related) was
sort of well-known problem 4 years ago, when we tried
to use XSLTC (before being bundled, or at least
enabled by default). Due to failures, we had to force
non-compiled mode for our DocBook->HTML xsl
conversion... in the end we only used that for batch
publishing, as it was way too slow for preview
(preview was done writing a SAX transformer, which was
much much faster).

It is even more unfortunate given that the system
affected was a Sun internal system, and the guy who
maintains 'official' docbook xsls is employed by Sun.
Oh well. Right hand not knowing what left does and so
forth. ;-)

-+ Tatu +-

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time