xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Serializer performance patches

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Andrew Stewart" <andrew.stewart AT aspectcapital.com>
  • To: "Elliotte Harold" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Serializer performance patches
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:43:59 +0100

> > http://www.clarkware.com/software/JUnitPerf.html
>
> How does this handle varying system speeds? i.e. if the tests
> were run on two machines, one twice as fast as the other,
> could they pass on the faster system and fail on the slower?
> Ideally I'd like the tests to be relative to some underlying
> measure of speed rather than absolute numbers.

As far as I know, it does not take system speed into consideration. So
tests could pass on a fast machine and fail on a slow machine.

CAUTION: This email message and any attachments transmitted with it contains
information that is CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient please notify Aspect
Capital Limited ("Aspect") immediately (postmaster AT aspectcapital.com) and
delete all copies of this email message and any attachments transmitted with
it from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure or copying of this email message and any attachments transmitted
with it is strictly prohibited.

This email message and any attachments transmitted with it cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted, lost, destroyed or incomplete. Although Aspect routinely screens
for viruses, it makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of
viruses in this e-mail or any attachments.

For further information about Aspect please see our website at
http://www.aspectcapital.com. Aspect is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority for investment business.