xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Tests fail on Win32

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Francois Beausoleil" <fbos AT users.sourceforge.net>
  • To: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Tests fail on Win32
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:29:39 -0400

Hello Elliotte !

Confirmed. The tests all pass when I use a freshly downloaded copy. CVS
did something to the files... Too bad. If you mark the files as binary,
CVS will leave them alone. Check the docs for the -kb flag on add.

Hope that helps,
François

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:21:11 -0400, "Elliotte Rusty Harold"
<elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> said:
> At 8:30 PM -0400 8/25/03, Francois Beausoleil wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >My environment:
> >
> >Java 1.4.2, Win2K SP4. No extra libraries are in my classpath beyond
> >what the test target defines.
> >
> >I attached the JUnit report, zipped, to this E-Mail for more information.
> >

> Hmm, all the failures seem to be in the XInclude tests. It appears
> from the test report that the failures may involve white space, which
> is really hard to track down. Is it possible CVS is munging some of
> the line breaks somewhere? Could you try downloading 1.0d20 from
> http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/ and seeing if you get the same
> results or not?
>
> I can't reproduce the problem on Windows 2000, Linux, or Mac OS X,
> and I don't have a copy of Windows XP myself so this one is going to
> be hard to track down.
> --
>
> Elliotte Rusty Harold
> elharo AT metalab.unc.edu
> Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
> http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/