xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Tests fail on Win32

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Francois Beausoleil" <fbos AT users.sourceforge.net>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Tests fail on Win32
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:21:11 -0400

At 8:30 PM -0400 8/25/03, Francois Beausoleil wrote:
Hi,

My environment:

Java 1.4.2, Win2K SP4. No extra libraries are in my classpath beyond
what the test target defines.

I attached the JUnit report, zipped, to this E-Mail for more information.

Hmm, all the failures seem to be in the XInclude tests. It appears from the test report that the failures may involve white space, which is really hard to track down. Is it possible CVS is munging some of the line breaks somewhere? Could you try downloading 1.0d20 from http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/ and seeing if you get the same results or not?

I can't reproduce the problem on Windows 2000, Linux, or Mac OS X, and I don't have a copy of Windows XP myself so this one is going to be hard to track down.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA