xom-interest - RE: [XOM-interest] Tests fail on Win32

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Francois Beausoleil" <fbos AT users.sourceforge.net>
  • To: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [XOM-interest] Tests fail on Win32
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:30:46 -0400

Hello Elliotte,

I am pleased to report that all tests pass !

<ot>
I believe Subversion is UTF-8 aware. Files and log messages are encoded
to UTF-8 from the current locale when information is transferred to the
repository, and from UTF-8 to current locale when going out. There was a
message about that this morning on the users list.
</ot>

Thanks,
François

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:06:03 -0400, "Elliotte Rusty Harold"
<elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> said:
> At 3:47 PM -0400 8/26/03, Francois Beausoleil wrote:
>
> >For an alternative, use Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org).
> >Unfortunately, java.net does not use Subversion at the moment...
>
> Equally importantly, Subversion has put off handling UTF-8 until
> post-1.0. I've marked the relevant files in CVS as binary. Can you
> pull them again and see if they work for you now? (Warning: I've also
> checked in some changes to several exception classes that may (but
> probably won't) break existing code.)
> --
>
> Elliotte Rusty Harold
> elharo AT metalab.unc.edu
> Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
> http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/