xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Crimson

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Kevin Herrboldt <kevin AT puppethead.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Crimson
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:57:56 -0500

On Friday, Jun 6, 2003, at 14:09 US/Central, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
[...]
Everyone who's excited about using Crimson should realize that it has lots of really nasty bugs. Some of them I can't work around. Crimson is not a high quality parser, and should not be used when accuracy is important.

Again, shame on Sun for how they bundled it. And why hasn't the Apache group fixed it?

Is there any documentation anywhere regarding the efficacy of various parsers? Is the order of parsers in Builder based on quality of parser? Piccolo is really fast and seems good, but can't validate. I'm not sure how good Ælfred is, but it's much, much smaller than Xerces.