xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Crimson

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Kevin Herrboldt <kevin AT puppethead.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Crimson
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 12:06:56 -0400

Actually, looking at Java 1.4.2 on Linux it appears Crimson no longer does this. It does recognize the http://xml.org/sax/features/external-general-entities feature. I don't think it used to. Possibly Sun fixed this bug in 1.4.2. I'll have to try this on my Mac and see what happens. If I can reproduce it, I might be able to work around it.

While looking into this, I did find a workaround for some other Crimson bugs related to validation. There are now only two unit tests that fail when using Crimson instead of Xerces, so the next release should be more compatible with Crimson, one way or another.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA