xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Crimson

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: luca passani <passani AT eunet.no>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and Crimson
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 15:09:50 -0400

At 7:21 PM +0100 6/6/03, luca passani wrote:

One question, if this happen and I use XOM for servelets on tomcat,
which library will kick in? xerces or crimson?

XOM always looks for Xerces first if you don't ask for a specific parser. If it's in your classpath it will be used in preference to Crimson.

Everyone who's excited about using Crimson should realize that it has lots of really nasty bugs. Some of them I can't work around. Crimson is not a high quality parser, and should not be used when accuracy is important.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA