xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] 0x25?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: luca passani <passani AT eunet.no>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] 0x25?
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:19:04 -0500

At 4:48 PM +0100 3/27/03, luca passani wrote:
Anyone who knows what this means?

the XML file is the one at:
http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/wurfl.xml

thank you

luca

nu.xom.MalformedURIException: URIs cannot contain 0x25
at nu.xom.Verifier.checkURI(Verifier.java:201)
at nu.xom.Node.setActualBaseURI(Node.java:169)
at nu.xom.Document.setBaseURI(Document.java:259)

Looking at this again, I don't think this is a namespace issue. The problem is in the base URI, which the document does have; not a namespace URI which it doesn't. That said, I still can't reproduce this, even loading it from the web site.

Hypothesis: you were loading it from a local copy and using a URI which Java accepted, but XOM did not. How exactly was this document loaded into your program? What URI did you use to do that?

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |