xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] 0x25?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold - java FAQ <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Nils_Kilden-Pedersen AT Countrywide.Com
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] 0x25?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 21:23:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 Nils_Kilden-Pedersen AT Countrywide.Com wrote:

> In nu.xom.Builder methods build(Reader) and build(InputStream) has a bug.
> Both call org.xml.sax.XMLReader.setEntityResolver with a null resolver.
> The javadocs for setEntityResolver states:
> Throws: java.lang.NullPointerException - If the resolver argument is null.

What JavaDoc said that? I don't see it at
http://www.saxproject.org/apidoc/org/xml/sax/XMLReader.html#setEntityResolver(org.xml.sax.EntityResolver)
and the general contract is that passing null to setEntityResolver uses no
EntityResolver. This may be a bug in your parser. If it's a real issue I
may have to bring it up with the SAX developers.

elharo AT macfaq.com