typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] rastro remember

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: mike AT appelstein.com
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] rastro remember
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 14:53:59 -0600

Two slightly off-topic announcements insofar as they're a few years after the TG timeline, but perhaps of interest all the same?

1) If anyone is still interested in that Rastro cassette we discussed last week, I've now digitized it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/onaxfl. As I mentioned last week, it contains the complete Rastro recordings, a band featuring former and future members of the Quails, Team Dresch and Autoclave. It also contains solo recordings by most of the band members, which are wonderfully sparse and poppy in that wobbly early K Records way. I don't think it's been for sale for years, so I feel only slight twinges of guilt making this available.

2) Link to an interview I recently did with Sara Marcus about her amazing book, Girls to the Front: http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2010-11-04/music/sara-marcus-interview-girls-to-the-front-book-riot-grrrl-kathleen-hanna-bikini-kill-bratmobileget-the-10-message-right/.

Enjoying the archival conversations - I'd be happy to contribute anything from my minor archive...

- Mike
mike AT appelstein.com