sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage further development path

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage further development path
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 22:57:05 +0200

Am Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:45:23 +0300
schrieb Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>:

> While seeing some kind of stagnation related to the servers, mail,
> etc. recently I've decided to finally fork Source Mage.

I wondered when you finally took that step. What is really surprising
is that you bother posting a message to this list. I mean, it's dead!

I'm off trying Linux From Scratch instead. Source Mage with its layers
upon layers of configuration tools and obscure configuration files,
the hiding of system workings behind a wall of obscure Magicâ„¢, kept me
from truly learning what makes a GNU/Linux system tick for far too long.

I guess the absence of a package manager won't be a big deal. Sure, you
invest some time in getting things built and figuring out working
configurations, but at least it's your system under your control!

Alrighty then,

Thomas