sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Source Mage further development path

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage further development path
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:45:23 +0300

Hello all!

While seeing some kind of stagnation related to the servers, mail,
etc. recently I've decided to finally fork Source Mage.

The project will be called Moonnix, and will use similar naming scheme
for the command-line tools as Lunar-Linux.

The first step of development in TODO list is to rewrite Sorcery in
pure Lua (hence why this name was chosen) with some bits of code from
luash and luabash software projects.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has made any contribution to SMGL
-- even if it was just a single commit: sometimes just one little
change can lead to Rosetta Stone big aftermath.

If you want to join, just drop me a mail, and I'll give you additional
notes on the project.

But afterall, thanks a lot for such a great experience here, it was
really awesome time to work/play with you! I hope Source Mage will
continue its great development path, and I wish it a bright future!

Take care!

--
Best regards,
Vlad.