sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] eudev

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] eudev
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 22:25:19 -0600

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM, Javier Vasquez
<j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com> wrote:
>> Besides fixing the spell so that INSTALL works as it should, the only
>> problem left for me would be the rename of interfaces, not paying
>> attention to the names in rules.d...
>
> I was mistaken with the rename... It's not that. I got another
> machine (see bug 589), where eudev for some reason doesn't perform the
> rename (not sure why), but it got the interfaces names twisted, not as
> I required them with the udev rules. So it seems at least the naming
> rules are not followed by eudev...

Getting back to the renaming theory. The other machine for which
there's no renaming, is getting the naming right (as int the naming
rules), so it seems it was 1st time new kernel + 1st time new eudev
affecting it.

The one that renames though, get the names good at 1st, but then the
rename changes those names...

But I'm done, at least for a while, :-)

--
Javier.