sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] eudev

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] eudev
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:34:26 -0600

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Two additinal problems I was not expecting given what you mentioned in
>>> prior e-mails:
>>>
>>> 1.- eudev doesn't seem to be respecting /etc/udev/rules.d files.
>>> 2.- eudev is not loading modules specified under /etc/modules.
>>>
>>> Those 2 things were working fine with kmod+udev.
>>>
>>> Notice I no longer has kmod neither udev installed. Instead I have
>>> module-init-tools+eudev installed.
>>
>> Forgot to mention I filed grimoire bug 589 for this...
>
> BTW, /dev/shm is also missing as initially indicated, but somehow it
> sounds like it was corrected, given that /dev/pts had a special
> handling but /dev/shm didn't.
>
> I just copied/pasted the pts init script into a shm one and changed
> the dev and target, we'll see if that works...

I forgot again, see grimoire bug 590.

BTW, I'm thinking that the /etc/modules might get loaded if I
re-enable the init scrip for module-init-tools, I disabled it in favor
of kmod+udev, but perhaps eudev no longer plays its part on it.

Something else is that mountall init script fails, though I don't seem
to get any log indicating why.

I'll reboot again after and see if at least the modules are loaded,
and /shm mounted.

--
Javier.