sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Teh Future

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Teh Future
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 02:50:16 +0400

> I don't believe
> updating a website to make it look prettier will do anything other than
> make a website look prettier.

As a current PL you must understand that's huge bump to attract new
people to the project even starting with simple users. Otherwise I
refuse to continue discussion of this question in further conversation
with you.

> We've changed our website many times

We have never had a sane one since 2005-2006 (like it was already
mentioned hours ago).

> We've never once gained a user because we have a pretty web
> site.

I remember the days of 2003-2005. The community was huge. And interest
in the project -- too. But we lost too many essential people like
dmlb2000 and afrayedknot, who contributed and developed the project and
organized community around instead of blah-blahing every year on ML.
Those, who made the job done, and it was really visible to all.

> I don't believe that it
> violates any UNIX philosophy by having a single file instead of eleven.

That violates principles of functional and logical separation for every
file in the spell. You take the term "UNIX philosophy" too literally.
Drop it now.

--
Dont wait to die to find paradise...